crash on suspend with up to date kernel

Stan Schymanski stanislaus.schymanski at sdsc.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 11 17:57:29 CEST 2020

OK I think I found a workaround the suspend problem, in case anyone else
(or myself) runs into it ever again:
https://wiki.debian.org/Suspend#Help_on_software_suspend
The follwoing command "unmasks", i.e. activates all energy saving states:
sudo systemctl unmask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target
hybrid-sleep.target
Technically, if they are masked, it should do nothing rather than log me
out, but at least unmasking solved that problem (for now).

Cheers
Stan

--

Stan Schymanski, PhD