crash on suspend with up to date kernel

Stan Schymanski stanislaus.schymanski at sdsc.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 10 15:06:08 CEST 2020

Hi Daniel,

I have narrowed down the problem, but github.com/systemd/systemd tells
me I should file a bug report with the distribution if I am not using
their development version. Could you help? Or just tell me where I can
get help, so that I can leave you alone? :-)

So, any of these do what they are supposed to do:

echo mem > /sys/power/state

echo disk > /sys/power/state

However, `systemctl suspend` leads to a black screen as described below.
I found out that I can just CTRL+C to get out of the black screen and
then I have to log in again, so only the session is crashing, not the
computer.

Interestingly, `systemctl hibernate` tells me that 'Unit
hibernate.target is masked.'

Actually, `systemctl is-enabled suspend.target` returns 'static', which
might be the reason why it does not work, but I don't know how to
activate it. All very strange. https://01.org/node/3721 does not even
mention systemctl, and since their instructions to enter each state work
alright, I don't know where to continue trouble-shooting.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers
Stan

--