libreoffice version conflict?

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at bfh.ch
Mon Aug 10 19:54:44 CEST 2020

Hi Stan,

On 8/10/20 6:20 PM, Stan Schymanski wrote:
> Does any one have an idea what could be the source of this problem

in April we discovered a rare niche-case in the upgrade path for
stable-security-over-stable-but-no-backports where the security update
merged from debian did not always have a higher version that what is in
stable, but a lower version that stable-security (if and only if the
debian source package is 1.0 native or 3.0 native; not for 1.0
non-native or 3 quilt which make 99% of all packages in debian).

further more this nice-case is not a problem when apt pinning is
correctly configured (default), and will go away by itself every three
month when there is a stable point release where stable-security is
folded into stable.

however, in order to fix this, we've adjusted the versioning-scheme in
progress for the packages on top of debian stable in order to not have
the three month delay in such cases.

now, you can do either of the following...

> and/or how to fix it?

either install libreoffice 7 from engywuck-backports (I'd recommend
doing that, it's nicer than the 6.2 version from stable)..

or re-install the necessary packages on stable:

---snip---
PACKAGES="$(dpkg -l | grep 1:6.1.5-3+deb10u6+progress5u1 | awk '{ print
$2 }')"

for PACKAGE in ${PACKAGES}
do
	sudo dpkg --force-all -r ${PACKAGE}