plymouth version conflict?

Stan Schymanski stanislaus.schymanski at env.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 29 14:28:23 CET 2020

Dear all,

I have the following problem:
$ sudo apt list --upgradable
Listing... Done
plymouth-label/stable-backports 0.9.5-1~progress5+u1 amd64 [upgradable
from: 0.9.4-1.1]
plymouth/stable-backports 0.9.5-1~progress5+u1 amd64 [upgradable from:
0.9.4-1.1]

I read that I could solve this problem just by `sudo apt install
plymouth plymouth-label`, but this gives the following WARNING:
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  base-files bash

Since I don't want to remove bash, I stopped there. Does anyone know how
to clean this up? Thank you!

Best regards,
Stan