playonlinux not working?

Stan Schymanski stanislaus.schymanski at env.ethz.ch
Sun Dec 13 18:23:19 CET 2020

As it turned out, the below error was due to wine32 not being installed,
and since I have not been able to install it on either of my 2 progress
machines, I found two other solutions:
1) Install Virtual Machine Manager, then a basic Debian buster in a
virtual machine, then wine and playonlinux there

2) My main motivation for using Playonlinux was to use Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is unfortunately required for my tax return. I actually
found out that there is a snap with a recent Adobe Acrobat Reader
available: https://snapcraft.io/acrordrdc
It is much more recent than the one on Playonlinux. Hope this helps
others facing a similar problem.

Cheers
Stan